How do we take care of our environment?
Complying and innovating
- With strict environmental management systems and environmental programs that materialize in the implementation of action plans in all our production units.
- Complying with the audits that every year evaluate us and test our continuous improvement, a reason that makes us proud and demonstrates the effectiveness of our production methods.
At Grupo Cementos Portland Valderrivas we are certified in accordance with the ISO 14001: 2015 Standard and we also voluntarily submit to the EMAS standard, (The European Eco-Management and Audit Scheme) designed by the European Commission for the public recognition of those corporations that have a good environmental management system in place that evaluates, manages and improves environmental impacts.
- Provide the resources and means necessary to meet environmental objectives and applicable environmental legislation, acquiring environmental commitments with the desire to go beyond strict compliance.
- Promote a policy of continuous improvement of the environmental aspects of the products, activities and services on which we have influence.
- Identify the risks and opportunities of our activities to effectively plan the implementation of protection, prevention, action and remediation measures.
- Support the fight against climate change, controlling and reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
- Promote the sustainability of natural resources, introducing principles of circular economy, fostering the use of alternative fuels and materials, especially in the manufacture of cement.
- Reduce wastewater discharges and optimize water consumption
- Encourage the minimization of waste, both hazardous and non-hazardous, promoting the reduction, reuse or recycling, including its energy recovery against disposal or landfill
- Preserve the natural environment of the facilities reducing, mitigating or restoring any adverse impact on the environment and preserving biodiversity
- Incorporate environmental considerations into strategic planning, investment programs and equipment acquisition and deepen the application of Best Available Techniques (BAT) in processes.
- Facilitate the awareness training of our employees on environmental matters
- Disseminate our environmental and sustainable principles to stakeholders